Tuesday, August 24, 2010

the shiddles...

This is it... I am finally a blogger. I resisted, but to no avail! Since moving over 2,000 miles from our families and friends it was time to finally join the blogging community.

The name of our blog actually is a hilarious story. I have always jokingly told my family members that I wasn't going to change my last name after I married. I knew this would cause some type of uproar and I wanted to push their buttons (my brothers especially). So, finally when I first brought home David (my now husband) to meet the family, my brothers soon "warned" him about my feminist tendencies and aversion to changing my name. Then they starting coming up with "new" last names for us combining both of our last names. Remember, at this point David and I were only dating and had no plans of getting married.... don't you love brothers? Finally after what seemed like an hour of discussion, my brother Chris says "I know... THE SHIDDLES!" So thus we were christened...

At the time, I thought "If David can tolerate my crazy brothers he may be just the man I am looking for..." One thing I can say, brothers are good at separating the weak ones from the strong!

6 comments:

  1. YEP! I remember the Shoff-Criddle "SHIDDLE" day, I almost had a boo-boo laughing so hard!...and the many more wild and crazy times we have had! It will be fun to see all the fun you are having in Florida! Hope to come out sometime this fall! Happy Birthday to David this week! Big 3-0!!!! I sent a card a bit late, but it's a comin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wide world of blogging! Glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! It will be good to keep up with all the Florida Haps! So excited to see you Shiddles settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeal!!!!! My sister is a blogger!!

    Now...add me to your sidebar so you can be a click away from hearing my never ending fountain of knowledge! I've been BAD at updating for the last couple of months...but I'm gonna.

    www.benandrachelschmuhl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss you my sweet Becca and David....but I am so very happy for you being able to get settled and make a home so very far away! Make your time together so far away full of happy memories!!
    Much ~LOVE~ and ~HUGS~
    your mamma Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blogging. Our blog is shaunandmaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete